Cajun Apple Sausage Skewers
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay® seasoning
- 4 ounces yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- Olive oil
- 1 package Johnsonville® Andouille Split Rope Smoked Sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Pink Lady® apple,* cored, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 of a Vidalia® onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8-inch wooden skewers
- Optional Glaze: In small bowl, whisk together Old Bay seasoning, yellow
mustard and orange juice. Set aside.
- Skewers: Fill skewers with ingredients, alternating sausages, apples, peppers and
- Enjoy kebab as-is, or place kebabs in heated pan with olive oil. Rotate
sides until heated through.
- Brush kebabs with Old Bay Mustard glaze and serve.
Serves: 4; Serving Size: 1 Skewer | Total Time: 15 min
By: Chef Dave Martin
Recipe and photo credit: US Apple Association