Cajun Apple Sausage Skewers
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay® seasoning
- 4 ounces yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- Olive oil
- 1 package Johnsonville® Andouille Split Rope Smoked Sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Pink Lady® apple,* cored, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 of a Vidalia® onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8-inch wooden skewers
- Optional Glaze: In small bowl, whisk together Old Bay seasoning, yellow
mustard and orange juice. Set aside.
- Skewers: Fill skewers with ingredients, alternating sausages, apples, peppers and
- Enjoy kebab as-is, or place kebabs in heated pan with olive oil. Rotate
sides until heated through.
- Brush kebabs with Old Bay Mustard glaze and serve.
Serves: 4; Serving Size: 1 Skewer | Total Time: 15 min
By: Chef Dave Martin
Reprinted with permission from
the US Apple Association.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce