Cajun Bean 'n' Cheese Dip
This is a spicy dip…perfect for tailgating or for watching the game at home.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans or red kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can Ro*Tel
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced smoked sausage
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish or 9 x 13-inch
- Drain and rinse beans; coarsely mash with a fork. Combine beans with
tomatoes, bell pepper, sausage and water. Add Cajun seasoning and hot sauce,
more or less to taste.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer to melt cheese.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 35 min | Yield: 12-14 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes