Cajun Beef Stew
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 (1 pound) can tomatoes
- 2 celery tops
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 large potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/3 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- Brown beef in oil.
- Sprinkle with flour. Mix well.
- Add onions and cook 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours.
Yield: 4 servings
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce