Cajun Blooming Onion
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 very large onions
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Buttermilk ranch or Thousand island dressing
- Cut onions into several sections, so that they fan out like flowers. Be
sure not to cut roots so onion will stay together.
- Cover onions with buttermilk and refrigerate for several hours.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Carefully remove onions from buttermilk and sprinkle dry ingredients over
onion, making sure entire onion is covered.
- Deep fry in oil in a large fryer at 375 degrees F for 4 minutes.
- Dip into dressing.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes