Cajun Brownie Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup solid Crisco shortening
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Cake: Sift together sugar, flour and salt.
- In a saucepan, bring to a boil margarine, water, Crisco and cocoa powder.
Add to the flour mixture.
- Add baking soda/buttermilk mixture. Add eggs. Mix all together Pour into
greased and floured jellyroll pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Icing: Put butter in a medium-size mixing bowl. Beat in remaining ingredients
except chopped nuts.
- Fold in nuts. Pour over hot brownie base.
- Cut into squares when cool.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.