Cajun Brownie Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup solid
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved
in 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) box
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Cake: Sift together sugar, flour and salt.
- In a saucepan, bring to a boil margarine, water, Crisco and cocoa powder.
Add to the flour mixture.
- Add baking soda/buttermilk mixture. Add eggs. Mix all together Pour into
greased and floured jellyroll pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Icing: Put butter in a medium-size mixing bowl. Beat in remaining ingredients
except chopped nuts.
- Fold in nuts. Pour over hot brownie base.
- Cut into squares when cool.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce