- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried, crushed basil
- 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices Wisconsin cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 4 tomato slices
- 1/4 cup green onion slices
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine beef, pork, chopped onion, green pepper and seasonings; mix well.
Shape into four patties. Cook and top with cheddar as directed below.
- Place patties on oiled grill over medium coals (coals will be glowing).
Grill, uncovered, for 5 minutes on each side to desired doneness.
- Top each with cheddar; continue grilling until cheese is melted. Place each
patty on bun. Top with tomato; sprinkle with green onion.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Wisconsin Cheese Marketing Board
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes