- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely
- 2 tablespoons green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried, crushed basil
- 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black
- 4 slices Wisconsin cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 4 tomato
- 1/4 cup green onion slices
- Combine beef, pork, chopped onion, green pepper and seasonings; mix well.
Shape into four patties. Cook and top with cheddar as directed below.
- Place patties on oiled grill over medium coals (coals will be glowing).
Grill, uncovered, for 5 minutes on each side to desired doneness.
- Top each with cheddar; continue grilling until cheese is melted. Place each
patty on bun. Top with tomato; sprinkle with green onion.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit:
Wisconsin Cheese Marketing Board.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce