Cajun Chicken Fettuccine
Colorful veggies and traditional Cajun seasonings combine with rotisserie chicken
to quickly create this spicy Chicken Helper® dinner.
- 3 cups water
- 1 box Chicken Helper™ fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, cut into thin bite-size
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 3/4 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 3 cups cubed deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 2 1/2-lb
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat 3 cups water to boiling.
- Stir in pasta (from Chicken Helper box). Return to boiling; reduce heat.
Simmer uncovered about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
Drain; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt margarine over medium-high
- Add mushrooms, onion and bell pepper; cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally,
until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, mix milk, sauce mix (from Chicken Helper box), Italian
seasoning, paprika and ground red pepper. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat. Cook uncovered 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato pasta sauce, vegetables and chicken. Cook uncovered about
3 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over noodles.
prep time 30 min
total time 30 min
Tip: You can use uncooked chicken breasts instead of the rotisserie chicken.
After removing vegetables from skillet, melt 2 tablespoons margarine or butter in
skillet; carefully add 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch
cubes. Cook over medium-high heat about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until
outsides turn white. Beginning with step 3, continue with recipe as written—except
omit rotisserie chicken.
Kick up the heat by serving with hot pepper sauce—each person can choose their
own heat level!
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving: Calories 350 Calories from Fat 100
Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 1/2g Cholesterol 70mg Sodium 1030mg Total
Carbohydrate 37g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 9g Protein 24g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 20% Calcium 15% Iron 10%
Exchanges:2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from