Cajun Chicken a la King
- 6 to 8 chicken breasts
- 8 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 cups water
- 1 medium
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup
- 3 to 4 cups milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sweet peas, frozen
- Buttermilk biscuits
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in water.
- Add chopped onion, celery, and chicken breast. Boil until tender.
- Remove chicken and chop into bite-size pieces. Reserve broth.
- In separate pot, melt butter.
- Add flour, and cook mixture for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Slowly add 4 cups of the cooked chicken broth. Add slowly and stir continuously
to avoid lumping.
- Add milk until mixture resembles a thick soup. (You can thin by adding more
liquid, either broth or milk, or thicken by adding a paste of milk and flour.)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked chicken and peas. Heat thoroughly.
- Serve over homemade biscuits which have been sliced in half.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce