Cajun Chicken Lasagna
- 16 dried lasagna noodles
- 1 pound andouille sausage or smoked pork
sausage, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts,
cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped
green sweet pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 (10-ounce) containers
refrigerated light Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Nonstick cooking
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cook noodles according to package Method. Drain; rinse.
- Combine sausage, chicken, Cajun seasoning and sage.
- In a large skillet cook meat mixture 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer
- Remove from skillet using a slotted spoon, reserving drippings in skillet.
Set meat mixture aside; keep warm.
- In same skillet cook onion, celery, sweet pepper, and garlic in drippings
until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in meat mixture, one container of the Alfredo sauce, and Parmesan cheese.
- Lightly coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole
with nonstick spray. Arrange 4 noodles in bottom of dish. Spread with 2 cups
of the meat-vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella.
- Repeat layers, ending with noodles.
- Carefully spread remaining Alfredo sauce over the top (if sauce is too thick,
heat slightly). Cover; bake 1 hour or until heated through.
- Let stand 15 to 20 minutes before carefully cutting.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Yield: 12 servings
Nutritional info per serving Calories 469 Total fat 24 g Saturated fat 11
g Cholesterol 79 mg Sodium 1187 mg Carbohydrate 34 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 2
g Protein 29 g Vitamin A 0 %DV Vitamin C 8 %DV Calcium 29 %DV Iron 10 %DV