Cajun Chicken Lasagna
- 16 dried lasagna noodles
- 1 pound andouille sausage or smoked pork sausage, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 (10-ounce) containers refrigerated light Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cook noodles according to package Method. Drain; rinse.
- Combine sausage, chicken, Cajun seasoning and sage.
- In a large skillet cook meat mixture 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet using a slotted spoon, reserving drippings in skillet. Set meat mixture
aside; keep warm.
- In same skillet cook onion, celery, sweet pepper, and garlic in drippings until vegetables
- Stir in meat mixture, one container of the Alfredo sauce, and Parmesan cheese.
- Lightly coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole with nonstick
spray. Arrange 4 noodles in bottom of dish. Spread with 2 cups of the meat-vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the
- Repeat layers, ending with noodles.
- Carefully spread remaining Alfredo sauce over the top (if sauce is too thick, heat slightly).
Cover; bake 1 hour or until heated through.
- Let stand 15 to 20 minutes before carefully cutting.
Prep: 45 min | Total: 2 hr | Yield: 12 servings
Nutritional info per serving Calories 469 Total fat 24 g Saturated fat 11
g Cholesterol 79 mg Sodium 1187 mg Carbohydrate 34 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 2
g Protein 29 g Vitamin A 0 %DV Vitamin C 8 %DV Calcium 29 %DV Iron 10 %DV