Cajun Chicken and Pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green or red bell pepper, cut into
- 3-4 green onions with tops, thinly sliced or 1/2 of a red
onion, cut into thin strips
- 6 large mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced lemon peel
teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces
pasta, cooked and drained
- Place the chicken and cajun seasoning in a plastic bag and shake to
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the chicken
and cook for about 5-7 minutes (just until it loses the pink color).
- Add the vegetables and cook and stir for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the half-and-half and the remaining seasonings; heat through.
- Serve over pasta.