- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 green bell
- 1 1/2 stalks celery, minced
- 1/4 pound butter
- 2 (6.5 ounce)
cans chopped clams
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cajun/Creole
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Paprika, for color
- Clam shells
- Mince onion, green pepper and celery; set aside.
- Melt butter over high heat in frying pan. Add vegetables and sauté until
soft and translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir periodically with a wooden
- Add clams, including broth, and stir. Season with Worcestershire sauce,
Cajun seasoning and onion powder. Taste, adding salt and pepper or more Cajun
seasoning as desired. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook 5 minutes.
- Add Italian bread crumbs.
- Place in clam shells or shells purchased in a gourmet store. Add paprika
- Place under broiler 5 minutes or until browned.
Yield: 12 servings
You can do everything ahead except the broiler step and freeze the clams,
covered tightly with foil, until the day you serve. Defrost in refrigerator and
broil at the last minute.