- 5 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 heaping tablespoons yellow mustard
tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Juice of 1 medium-size lemon
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon wine
- 1 tablespoon Lea & Perrins
- 3 teaspoons salt (to taste)
large cabbage, shredded
- 4 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 medium onions, shredded
- Put mayonnaise and mustard in a bowl large enough to hold complete mixture,
but shaped so that the mixture can be beaten with a fork. Beat mayonnaise and
mustard until combined.
- Add olive oil slowly, beating all the time. Beat until mixture has returned
to the thickness of original mayonnaise.
- Add Louisiana hot sauce, continuing to beat.
- Add ketchup and keep beating.
- Add salt and garlic salt, beating all the time.
- Add wine vinegar (this will thin the sauce down). Beat this thoroughly,
adding the lemon juice as you do so.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Place shredded cabbage, peppers, and onions in a large salad bowl; pour
sauce over and toss well. This should be done about an hour before serving.
Tastes even better the next day.
Source: Outdoor Cooking With Inside Help - Justin Wilson