Cajun Corn Dogs
- 10 hot dogs (I prefer to use Kosher hot dogs)
- Vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Insert wooden skewers lengthwise into centers of hot dogs, stopping about halfway through.
- Fill electric skillet or deep-fat fryer with oil (about 2 inches deep). Heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Combine cornmeal mix, seasoning, milk and egg; stir until well blended.
- Dip hot dogs into batter, then into hot oil, a few at a time. Fry for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain on paper towel.
Yield: 10 servings | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 3 min