Cajun Crab Ravigote
"Ravigote" comes from a French word meaning "to invigorate."
This easy dish falls somewhere between an appetizer and a salad. It's especially
pretty served over a mix of different lettuces.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced green pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced pimientos
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced anchovies
- 4 1/2 cups lump crabmeat
- Shredded lettuce (mixed varieties)
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, green pepper, scallions, pimientos
and anchovies until well mixed.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Gently stir in crabmeat; do not break up lumps.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce.
Yield: 6 servings