Cajun Crawfish Cornbread 2
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 pound crawfish tails
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix cornmeal, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- Beat eggs well and add onions, peppers, cheese, oil, corn and crawfish
tails. Combine this mixture with dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into greased 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted
comes out clean.
Yield: 9 servings