Cajun Crawfish Rolls
- 1 pound Louisiana crawfish tail meat
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated Cheddar or Monterey
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon medium-dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 12-14 slices
homemade-style white bread, sliced thin (discard crusts)
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter,
- Drain the crawfish in a colander, pat dry and chop finely.
- In a bowl stir together the crawfish, cheeses, cream, sherry and green onions.
- With a rolling pin, flaten each bread slice into 3 1/2-inch squares.
- Spread about two tablespoons of the crawfish mixture on each bread square
and roll up tightly.
- Place the rolls seam side down on a baking sheet, and brush all over with
- Refrigerate for at least a hour, but no longer than 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut crawfish tails in half. Place on baking sheet seam side down.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes, then cool slightly before serving.
- Serve warm.
Yield: about 24 appetizers
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce