- 1 pound dry fettuccine
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1 bunch green onions, green and white parts, chopped
- 12 ounces white button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound frozen cooked and peeled crawfish tails, thawed and drained, or peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cups whipping cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup dry sherry, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook according
to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine over medium high
heat in a large skillet. Add the green onions, mushrooms and red bell pepper
strips and sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and 2 teaspoons of the Cajun seasonings and sauté 3 minutes
- Add the cream or half-and-half, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Stir in the sherry and Parmesan and keep warm.
- In another skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine.
Add the crawfish tails and remaining 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and heat through.
(If using shrimp, sauté until shrimp are no longer pink.)
- Add to the sauce and pour over the pasta.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 6 servings
Chicken may be substituted for the shrimp or crawfish.