Cajun Fried Duck Breasts
- 2 duck breasts, each sliced into 3 pieces
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne red pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup saltine cracker crumbs
- shortening (lard preferred)
- 6 quart iron pot
- Tenderize breasts slightly with meat hammer. Cut each breast into 3 equal
- Soak in milk for 2 hours.
- Remove duck from milk, dip in beaten eggs, sprinkle with salt and pepper,
and dredge in finely crumbled cracker crumbs.
- Deep fry in large skillet with 1 inch of shortening at medium heat for 20
minutes on each side.
Source: Chef John Folse & Company, Gonzales, Louisiana
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce