Cajun Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices crusty Italian bread
- 6 tablespoons pepper jelly
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 8 slices Muenster cheese
- 2 links andouille sausage, grilled, each link cut into quarters and split lengthwise*
* May substitute any other smoked sausage for the andouille
- Spread 2 tablespoons butter on one side of four slices of bread.
- Spread pepper jelly on one side of the remaining slices of bread.
- On the slices of bread with pepper jelly, place two slices of pepper jack
cheese and two pieces of grilled andouille sausage.
- Cover the andouille sausage with two slices of Muenster cheese and top with
the remaining slices of bread, butter-side out.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Place sandwiches, butter-side down, in the skillet and spread the remaining
2 tablespoons butter over the tops of the sandwiches.
- Cook sandwiches, in batches if necessary, for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or
until golden and the cheeses are melted.
- Serve immediately.