- 3 cups uncooked white rice
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 pound firm tofu, cut into chunks
- 2 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 2 cups corn
- 2 cups chopped collard greens
- 1 cup okra
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (3.5 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the rice in a large roasting pan or casserole and pour the stock over it.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and place over the rice in the roasting pan. Cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Uncover and stir. Replace cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes. Stir and check the rice for doneness. If necessary, cook for another 30 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
Yield: 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.