Cajun Hot Sauce
- 72 small fresh hot red peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh horseradish
- 2 cups vinegar
- Combine peppers, garlic and water in a pot. Cover and simmer until peppers
are very tender.
- Puree in food processor or food mill.
- Combine pureed peppers with remaining ingredients in a pot. Simmer stirring
occasionally until mixture thickens.
- Pour into clean hot half pint jars leaving 1/2-inch head space; seal.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Yield: 3 to 4 half pints
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce