Lasagna leaves Italy and heads to the Bayou with the addition of shrimp and spicy
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
with green chiles, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen cooked deveined
peeled miniature/tiny shrimp (tails off), thawed, rinsed and
- 1/2 pound smoked spicy sausage (andouille or kielbasa),
cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded
mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- Spread 1 cup of the tomatoes in ungreased 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) glass baking
dish. Top with 5 noodles, overlapping slightly as needed. Layer with half each
of the remaining tomatoes, the shrimp, sausage, Alfredo sauce and mozzarella
- Repeat layers. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Cover dish with foil. Bake for about 30 minutes or until center is hot and
- Uncover; bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
prep time 30 min
total time 1 hr 35 min
To reduce the spiciness, swap the sausage with 2 cups of cut-up cooked chicken
Save preparation time by using mini lasagna (mafalda) noodles and stirring the
ingredients together to make an oven casserole.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 510 Calories from Fat 260
Total Fat 29g Saturated Fat 17g Trans Fat 1g Cholesterol 175mg Sodium 1370mg Total
Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 6g Protein 32g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 8% Calcium 45% Iron 15%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from