I made this Cajun Meatloaf for dinner tonight and it was GOOD! It is spicy so,
anyone who likes mild food, skip this one. I don't know where I got this one
from, so if anyone recognizes it as their post, thanks!
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small bell pepper,
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 slices stale bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice blend
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
(more or less, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon gumbo file powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pat into ungreased loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes, until done.
Yield: 6 servings
Racky Rain notes: I didn't have any stale bread (my kids tend to eat any
bread before it gets a chance to go stale), so I used bread crumbs. I judged from
the consistency of the mix when I had it about right. I also didn't use gumbo
file powder or salt. I used Emeril's Essence instead and used about 2 to 3 teaspoons.
It turned out really well.
Posted by RackyRain at Recipe Goldmine 1/21/2002 10:42 pm.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce