Cajun Nachos with Sausage
- 8 ounces tortilla chips
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 12 ounces andouille sausage, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onions, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup yellow grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 6 ounces (1 cup) Wisconsin blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped
- Prepared salsa, for serving
- Arrange chips on large platter. Set aside.
- In sauté pan, melt butter and add andouille. Cook over medium high heat,
stirring until sausage is warmed through and beginning to form a crust. Add
onions, green pepper, celery, Cubanelles, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Reduce
heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken stock. Stir and reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and reserve.
- To assemble nachos, spoon andouille/pepper mixture over tortilla chips.
- Top with quartered yellow tomatoes. Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles over tomatoes.
- Top with chives and serve with your favorite salsa.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit: Wisconsin Cheese Board