Cajun Not-So-Dirty Rice
Dirty Rice without chicken livers and/or gizzards is not Dirty Rice. For those who do not care for gizzards or livers, but do like dirty rice, this is a perfect recipe. You can make it using just the ground beef or Italian sausage also. Just make sure to use two pounds total.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion*
- 1 stalk celery, chopped*
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped*
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel tomatoes and green chilies
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
* Or use 3 cups of already-prepared Trinity.
- In a skillet, brown sausage and ground beef over medium-high heat until no
longer pink; drain. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter; sauté onion, celery and bell pepper until tender.
- Add rice, Cajun seasoning, sausage-beef mixture, bay leaf, chicken broth
and Ro*Tel; stir until blended. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes
until rice is tender. Discard bay leaf.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes