- 3/4 pound raw chicken livers
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
- 3 hardboiled eggs
- 6 ounces butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon pureed garlic
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon
- Finely-chopped pecans
- Place livers, mushrooms and eggs in a food processor and blend until thick
- Melt butter in a skillet and sauté the onion over a medium-high heat for
5 minutes, then add the pureed liver and continue to stir for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, salt and peppers and stir well, then remove
from heat and allow to cool.
- Remove the mixture to a cleaned processor and blend until smooth.
- Line a mold with plastic wrap and fill with the pat mixture, then garnish
with finely chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving with garlic toast or crackers.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce