As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 pound raw chicken livers
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
- 3 hardboiled eggs
- 6 ounces butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon pureed garlic
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Finely-chopped pecans
- Place livers, mushrooms and eggs in a food processor and blend until thick
- Melt butter in a skillet and sauté the onion over a medium-high heat for
5 minutes, then add the pureed liver and continue to stir for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, salt and peppers and stir well, then remove
from heat and allow to cool.
- Remove the mixture to a cleaned processor and blend until smooth.
- Line a mold with plastic wrap and fill with the pat mixture, then garnish
with finely chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving with garlic toast or crackers.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes