Cajun Pepper Steak
- 1 pound beef (round or sirloin) cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Tabasco sauce to taste (that means USE A LOT)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 large onions, cut into strips
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (or all-purpose flour and a little water)
- Steamed rice
- Brown steak in oil for about 5 minutes turning to brown both sides.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of the water and Tabasco Sauce. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the onions and and bell pepper and simmer until meat is tender.
- If the gravy is too thin, thicken it by mixing 1/4 cup of water with the
cornstarch or flour stirring until there are no lumps.
- Remove beef mixture from heat and slowly add the thickening mix while you
- Return to heat and simmer until gravy thickens.
- Serve over rice.
- Garnish with chopped shallots and make sure the bottle of Tabasco is on
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.