Cajun Pepper Steak
- 1 pound beef (round or sirloin) cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Tabasco sauce to taste (that means USE A LOT)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 large onions,
cut into strips
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (or
all-purpose flour and a little water)
- Steamed rice
- Brown steak in oil for about 5 minutes turning to brown both sides.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of the water and Tabasco Sauce. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the onions and and bell pepper and simmer until meat is tender.
- If the gravy is too thin, thicken it by mixing 1/4 cup of water with the
cornstarch or flour stirring until there are no lumps.
- Remove beef mixture from heat and slowly add the thickening mix while you
- Return to heat and simmer until gravy thickens.
- Serve over rice.
- Garnish with chopped shallots and make sure the bottle of Tabasco is on