Cajun Pepper Steak 2
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless round steak, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes,
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
cooked rice or noodles
- In a large skillet, cook beef in oil over medium heat until browned; drain.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, garlic, Worcestershire
sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour
or until meat is tender.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Bring
to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Source: Country Magazine, August-September, 2000