Cajun Philly Sandwich
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers,
cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices pickled
jalapeño peppers, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 4 slices provolone cheese,
- Sandwich bread, roll of choice
- Slice round steak into thin strips and mix in Italian salad dressing. Place
in sealed storage bag overnight in the refrigerator.
- Put beef and marinade in the slow cooker the following morning.
- Add red pepper flakes, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and jalapeño pepper.
Pour beef broth over all.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove with slotted spoon and place on half a sandwich roll or slice of
bread. Top with slice of provolone cheese if desired.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Add extra pickled (or nacho) jalapeño slices or bell pepper slices if you want
extra spice and flavor.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce