Cajun Philly Sandwich
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices pickled jalapeño peppers, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 4 slices provolone cheese, optional
- Sandwich bread, roll of choice
- Slice round steak into thin strips and mix in Italian salad dressing. Place
in sealed storage bag overnight in the refrigerator.
- Put beef and marinade in the slow cooker the following morning.
- Add red pepper flakes, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and jalapeño pepper.
Pour beef broth over all.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove with slotted spoon and place on half a sandwich roll or slice of
bread. Top with slice of provolone cheese if desired.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Add extra pickled (or nacho) jalapeño slices or bell pepper slices if you want
extra spice and flavor.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes