Cajun Pineapple Cake with Praline Topping
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounces crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 stick butter (4 ounces)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Mix together sugar, eggs and crushed pineapple. Add remaining
ingredients, mix well and pour into a prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Make topping while cake is baking.
- Topping: Combine butter, sugar and evaporated milk in a saucepan and
boil very slowly for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Spread over hot cake.
- Let cake and topping cool completely before slicing.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 45 mins
Yield: one 9 x 13-inch cake
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce