Cajun Pork Roast
- 2-pound pork loin roast
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine all seasonings and rub well over all surfaces of roast.
- Place roast in shallow pan and roast in 350 degree F oven for about 45 minutes,
until internal temperature is 150 degrees F.
- Remove from oven, let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Yield: 6 servings
For ideal results, test doneness with an instant-read thermometer. This will
help take the guess work out of your cooking and ensure that the roast is tender
Serve with roasted new potatoes and orange and onion salad.
Nutrition Facts: 260 calories Protein 33 grams Fat 12 grams Sodium 260 milligrams
Cholesterol 90 milligrams Saturated Fat 4 grams Carbohydrates 4 grams Fiber 1 grams
Reprinted with permission from
National Pork Board.