Cajun Potato Chips
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 Idaho potatoes
- 1/4 cup Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup
- Peanut oil for frying
- Variety of hot sauces
- Peel and slice potatoes 1/8 inch thick. Soak in separate bowls of ice water
in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Heat oil in deep fryer to 370 degrees F.
- Drain and pat dry potatoes. Fry in oil in small batches until browned.
- Drain chips on paper towels and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. As you finish
each batch, place in single layer on baking sheet and keep warm in oven.
- When all are fried, crumble blue cheese on top and heat 5 minutes.
- Serve with hot sauces on the side.
Yield: 4 servings
Adriana's Spice Caravan by Adriana and Rochelle Zabarkes
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce