Cajun Potato Pancakes
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 cups finely grated, peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, for frying
- Squeeze potatoes dry in a clean towel.
- Combine potatoes, scallions, eggs, flour, salt, cayenne, baking powder and
milk. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and drop potato mixture by
tablespoonsful into hot oil. Fry until lightly browned on both sides and no
longer wet in the center.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes