Cajun Potato Pancakes
- 6 cups finely grated, peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, for frying
- Squeeze potatoes dry in a clean towel.
- Combine potatoes, scallions, eggs, flour, salt, cayenne, baking powder and milk. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and drop potato mixture by tablespoonsful into hot oil. Fry until lightly browned on both sides and no longer wet in the center.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 4 servings