- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- salt to taste (or Tony Chachere's
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 yellow crook-neck squash,
- 2 cups of fresh green beans
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 2 cups
sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 whole eggs (optional)
- links of fresh sausage (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat bottom and sides of
a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
Sauté garlic until lightly browned.
- Mix in parsley and eggplant. Sauté until eggplant is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Spread eggplant mixture evenly across bottom of prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Spread zucchini in an even layer over top.
- Lightly salt and sprinkle with a little more cheese.
- Continue layering in this fashion, with onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, and
tomatoes, covering each layer with a sprinkling of salt and cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce