As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley or cilantro
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- salt to taste (or Tony Chachere's Original Seasoning)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 yellow crook-neck squash, sliced
- 2 cups of fresh green beans
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 whole eggs (optional)
- links of fresh sausage (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat bottom and sides of
a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
Sauté garlic until lightly browned.
- Mix in parsley and eggplant. Sauté until eggplant is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Spread eggplant mixture evenly across bottom of prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Spread zucchini in an even layer over top.
- Lightly salt and sprinkle with a little more cheese.
- Continue layering in this fashion, with onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, and
tomatoes, covering each layer with a sprinkling of salt and cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes