Cajun Rib Eye Steaks
Begin marinating the steaks the day before you plan to serve them.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 (16 ounce) rib eye steaks
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon white pepper
- Combine oil, sliced onion, garlic powder and 1 tablespoon black pepper in
a 13 x 9 x 2- inch glass baking dish.
- Add steaks to marinade, turning to coat. Spoon half of sliced onion evenly
over steaks. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare grill (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
- Remove steaks from marinade.
- Combine paprika, cayenne, salt, white pepper and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
in small bowl.
- Sprinkle each side of each steak with 1 teaspoon spice mixture.
- Grill or broil steaks until cooked through, about 8 minutes per side for
- Cut each steak in half. Divide steaks among plates; serve.
Yield: 6 servings