Cajun Roast Beef
The gravy this makes is great!
- 1/4 cup instant minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 (5 pound) boneless beef roast
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- Combine the first 7 ingredients and let stand 5 minutes to soften onion
- With a paring knife, cut 1-inch slits about 1 1/2 inches apart in all sides
of the meat, sticking the knife to the middle of the roast. Pry open slits and
fill each with about 1/2 teaspoon of the mixture, using the point of a teaspoon.
Cover and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan. Cover with foil or roaster cover.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 3 1/2 hours or until meat is tender, removing
cover 40 minutes before baking time is up to permit meat to brown.
- Remove roast to a platter.
- Skim excess fat from pan drippings.
- Blend cornstarch with the 1 teaspoon water. Add to drippings. Stir and cook
until gravy is slightly thick.
- Serve with rice or potatoes and gravy.
Yield: 12 to 14 servings