Cajun Rotelle and Red Beans
- 1 pound rotelle pasta, uncooked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper,
seeded and chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can red or
kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or
- 2 teaspoons dried
- Fill a pot three-quarters full of water; bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook
until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- After pasta has been cooking for 3 minutes, remove 1 cup cooking water;
- In frying pan over high heat, bring reserved water, onion, pepper, carrots,
seasoning, cumin and cayenne pepper to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-high, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until
vegetables are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drain pasta; add to beans and toss.