Cajun Rotelle and Red Beans
- 1 pound rotelle pasta, uncooked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper,
seeded and chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can red or
kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or
- 2 teaspoons dried
- Fill a pot three-quarters full of water; bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook
until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- After pasta has been cooking for 3 minutes, remove 1 cup cooking water;
- In frying pan over high heat, bring reserved water, onion, pepper, carrots,
seasoning, cumin and cayenne pepper to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-high, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until
vegetables are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drain pasta; add to beans and toss.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce