Cajun Sausage and Pepper Rice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup U.S. long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 (14 ounce) package frozen pepper stir fry
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and
cook 4 minutes or until richly browned, stirring frequently. Set aside on
- Add the water, rice, frozen pepper mixture, tomatoes and thyme to the
skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, cover and
simmer 15 minutes or until water is almost absorbed.
- Remove skillet from heat, stir in the sausage, parsley and hot sauce.
Let stand, uncovered, for 5 minutes to absorb flavors.
Yield: 4 servings; 7 cups total
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole Recipes