Cajun Sausage Roast
- 1 (3 pound) pork loin roast
- 1 pound smoked Cajun sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- Granulated garlic
- Dried chives
- Parsley flakes
- Black Pepper
- Seasoning Mix: Mix granulated garlic, chives, parsley flakes and black pepper
to make seasoning mix. Add salt to mix.
- Cut the whole loin into smaller roasts, about 6 inches long. Cut a hole
through the center of each roast, along the center axis of the roasts and insert
the sausage. If the cross-section of the roast is big enough, cut two parallel
holes. Open the holes to the size of the smoked sausage and pour about 1 tablespoon
Seasoning Mix into the long holes and push something through the roasts to distribute
the seasoning. Slide the smoked sausage through the longitudinal holes in the
roasts until about 1 inch of sausage protrudes from each end.
- Dust inside and outside with seasonings and salt. Allow to sit and marinate
at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place the roasts on a rack inside a covered roaster.
- Pour the cut-up onion and bell pepper into bottom of roaster and place,
uncovered, in a 425 degrees F oven for approximately 30 minutes or until seared
lightly on the outside.
- Cover roaster and continue to cook with a meat thermometer until done inside,
about 160 - 165 degrees F on meat thermometer.
- Remove roasts, trim end faces of excess sausage and chop fine.
- Add cornstarch dissolved in cold water.
- Add soy sauce and thicken sauce over medium heat.
- Adjust color of sauce with Kitchen Bouquet, and adjust seasonings.