Cajun Sautéed Green Beans
“My mom and dad both cooked it, and they learned to cook from their parents.
The aroma just kind of brings you back. That’s the smell. That’s home.” Jennifer
LaRose, New Orleans.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound boneless pork chops, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans Del Monte® Cut Green Beans
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add pork and Cajun or Creole
seasoning; cook until brown, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Drain 3 cans of green beans (do not drain 1 can); set aside.
- Add onions to the same pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently,
until light brown on edges.
- Stir in beans, potatoes and pork. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium,
and cook, uncovered, 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Yield: 12 servings | Prep Time 10 min. | Cook Time 20 min.
Recipe source: Jennifer Rose, New Orleans, Louisiana
Recipe and photo credit: Del Monte.