Cajun Shrimp Balls
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound shrimp, cooked, cleaned and finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fine dry bread crumbs
- Oil or shortening for deep frying
- In a medium saucepan melt butter. Add parsley and scallions, cook for 1
- Blend in flour.
- Stir in milk, salt and pepper sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture
thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in shrimp.
- Shape into balls using 1 tablespoon mixture per ball.
- Beat eggs.
- Dip balls into bread crumbs, then into eggs, then bread crumbs again.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F to half fill a large saucepan.
- Fry 4 balls at a time until brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
Yield: 24 shrimp balls