Cajun Shrimp Burgers
- 1 pound steamed or boiled shrimp
- 1/4 cup finely diced onions
- 1/4 cup finely
diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Peel and devein shrimp and remove tails. Chop shrimp.
- Cook onions, bell pepper and celery in microwave until soft. Drain well.
- Combine chopped shrimp, vegetables, garlic, seasoning, mayonnaise, bread
crumbs and egg.
- Form into patties, dredge in flour, and place on plate or tray. Freeze for
about 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and dredge in flour again.
- Drizzle oil into a nonstick pan and fry shrimp burgers ove medium-high heat
until brown and crunchy on each side.
- Serve on buns or French bread.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce