Cajun Shrimp and Oyster Jambalaya
- 1 pound fresh shrimp
- 1 dozen oysters
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned tomatoes
- Dash of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 chile pepper, minced
- 3 cups water or bouillon
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked
- Cook shrimp, if fresh; drain and clean.
- Heat oysters in own liquor 5 minutes; drain.
- Fry shrimp and oysters in butter 2 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook 5 minutes longer.
- Add seasonings, tomatoes, chile pepper and rice, mixing well.
- Add bouillon and simmer, covered 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce