Cajun Shrimp and Oyster Jambalaya
- 1 pound fresh shrimp
- 1 dozen oysters
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned tomatoes
- Dash of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 chile pepper, minced
- 3 cups water or bouillon
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked
- Cook shrimp, if fresh; drain and clean.
- Heat oysters in own liquor 5 minutes; drain.
- Fry shrimp and oysters in butter 2 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook 5 minutes longer.
- Add seasonings, tomatoes, chile pepper and rice, mixing well.
- Add bouillon and simmer, covered 25 minutes or until rice is tender.