Cajun Shrimp Stew
This comforting Cajun Shrimp Stew is a hearty one-pan wonder with
flavorful Johnsonville® Andouille Sausage and shrimp.
- 1 (13.5 ounce) package JOHNSONVILLE® Andouille Smoked Sausage Rope, cut into 1/2-inch coin-slice pieces
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian OlivExtra® Premium oil blend
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp (31-35 count per pound), peeled and deveined
- In a large skillet, cook and stir sausage pieces in oil over medium heat browning both sides; remove from skillet and set aside.
- In a the same skillet, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, bay leaves, cumin, oregano and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add shrimp and sausage; simmer, covered, until shrimp are pink in color; about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves and serve.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 30 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from: