Cajun Stewed Tomatoes
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 stalks celery, very finely chopped
- 1/4 bell pepper, very finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1 ounce Louisiana hot sauce
- Peel the tomatoes by soaking them in boiling water for one minute. Gently
pull away the skin.
- Place tomatoes in a large pot and add the remaining ingredients. Cover and
boil gently for 15 minutes, until tomatoes are tender.
- Serve with garlic croutons.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes