Cajun Stewed Tomatoes
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 stalks celery, very finely chopped
- 1/4 bell pepper,
very finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1 ounce Louisiana hot sauce
- Peel the tomatoes by soaking them in boiling water for one minute. Gently
pull away the skin.
- Place tomatoes in a large pot and add the remaining ingredients. Cover and
boil gently for 15 minutes, until tomatoes are tender.
- Serve with garlic croutons.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce