- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Sausage Patties, coarsely chopped
- 10 slices Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon, cut into strips
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add green pepper, onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add flour; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, thyme, oregano and pepper sauce; bring to a simmer.
Cover; simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in okra and sausage; simmer covered 5 minutes.
- Stir in Canadian bacon; simmer uncovered 3 minutes longer.
- Ladle into 5 shallow bowls; top with rice and parsley.
- Serve with additional hot sauce, if desired.
Prep Time 10 min
Reprinted with permission from
Jones Dairy Farm.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce