- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Sausage Patties, coarsely chopped
- 10 slices Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon, cut into strips
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add flour; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, thyme, oregano and pepper sauce; bring to a simmer.
Cover; simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in okra and sausage; simmer covered 5 minutes.
- Stir in Canadian bacon; simmer uncovered 3 minutes longer.
- Ladle into 5 shallow bowls; top with rice and parsley.
- Serve with additional hot sauce, if desired.
Servings 5 | Prep Time 10 min
Recipe and photo credit: Jones Dairy Farm