Cajun Style Red Beans and Rice with Turkey
A Cajun classic - red beans in a seasoned mild chili sauce, mixed with turkey
and served over rice.
- 1 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mild red beans in chili sauce, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups chopped leftover cooked Butterball® Turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, bell
peppers and garlic; cook 7 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in beans, cumin, salt and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce
heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in turkey; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring
- Add parsley to rice; mix lightly.
- Spoon onto serving platter; top with the bean mixture.
6 servings | Prep Time 30 min | Total Time less than 1 hr
Nutrition facts per serving: Calories 418 Fat 21g Cholesterol 82 Protein
% Daily value: Saturated Fat 8g 0% Trans Fat 0g 0% Sodium 1373mg 0% Carbohydrates
36g 0% Sugar 10g 0% Iron 0% Fiber 0% Calcium 0%
Recipe and photo credit: Butterball, LLC