Cajun Style Tip Roast
- 1 (4 pound) tip roast
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine vegetables, spices and oil.
- With a sharp knife make 8 to 12 deep V-shape slit pockets, stopping an inch
from the bottom of roast. Fill the pockets with the vegetable mixture, reserving
some to rub on top of roast.
- Bake uncovered for 2 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 140 degrees F
for medium rare beef.
- Serve with pan juices.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Nutrition: Calories 391; fiber 1g; carbohydrates 2g, Protein 61g, Cholesterol
160mg; Sodium 509mg; Fat 14g (32% of calories from fat)