This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cajun Tomato Gravy
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 2 small cans tomato paste
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a cast iron skillet, sauté onion, celery, garlic and shallots.
- When vegetables are done, add one cup water; reheat, then add tomato paste,
tomato sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and Accent. Simmer very slowly
for at least 30 minutes.