Cajun Tomato Gravy
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves
- 1 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 2 small cans tomato paste
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper, to
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Accent
- In a cast iron skillet, sauté onion, celery, garlic and shallots.
- When vegetables are done, add one cup water; reheat, then add tomato paste,
tomato sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and Accent. Simmer very slowly
for at least 30 minutes.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce