Cajun Turkey Breast
- 1 (4 1/2 to 5 pound) turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 pinch of rosemary or basil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Set the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Rub breast down with bacon drippings.
- Sprinkle with the rosemary or basil.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Sprinkle the dry mixture evenly all over
the top and bottom of the breast.
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 6 hours. Check the breast with a meat thermometer.
When the turkey breast has an internal temperature of 180 degrees F, it should be
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
You can also make this recipe using a 6-pound chicken. Cook the chicken 1 hour
longer. When the internal temperature is 180 degrees F, the chicken is ready.