Cajun Turkey Breast
- 1 (4 1/2 to 5 pound) turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 pinch of rosemary or basil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Set the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Rub breast down with bacon drippings.
- Sprinkle with the rosemary or basil.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Sprinkle the dry mixture evenly all over
the top and bottom of the breast.
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 6 hours. Check the breast with a meat thermometer.
When the turkey breast has an internal temperature of 180 degrees F, it should be
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
You can also make this recipe using a 6-pound chicken. Cook the chicken 1 hour
longer. When the internal temperature is 180 degrees F, the chicken is ready.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce